The vast state of California offers a variety of paddling conditions and canoeists seeking out California canoe outfitters will find outfitters servicing everything from calm lakes to whitewater and even canoe camping. The two largest rivers in California are the Sacramento River and the San Joaquin River which both offer amble opportunity for canoeists seeking adventure. Large saline lakes such as Mono Lake and the Salton Sea offer an unique flat water experience on calm days.
California Canoeing Guidebooks
These are a few of the guidebooks written about canoeing in California. If you know of others, please, let us know via the contact form. All links go to Amazon.com.
- Paddling Northern California (Regional Paddling Series)
- Canoeing waters of California
- Down the wild rivers: A guide to the streams of California
- Canoeing The California Highlands: A Quiet Water Guide To Paddler’s Paradise
- Up the Lake With a Paddle Vol. 1: Canoe and Kayak Guide : The Sacramento Region, Sierra Foothills, & Lakes of the High Sierra